Can You Change Your Child Support Order?

Get the help you need!

Are you wondering if you can change your child support order?

Hi, I’m Marie Drake of The Drake Law Firm with offices in Golden and , and I’m going to talk to you today a little bit about what it takes to change a child support order.

There’s several reasons why a court would grant a change in a child support order.

One would be that the children’s needs have changed, another would be that, perhaps you’ve lost a job or your job has changed, and another one would be if there were additional children born, or if an older child goes away to college.

These are changes where a court would grant a modification of your order.

So if you’re thinking of changing a child support order, where do you start?

What you need to do is file a motion to modify your current child support order, and in addition you’re going to have to update your financials with regard to income, so that the court can see and recalculate the support with some evidence behind it.

Modifying child support can be tricky. There’s a process to follow, and you need to do that if you’re serious about this. So call an experienced family law attorney for some help.

Here at The Drake Law Firm we’re standing by and we’re happy to help you, so give us a call.

Contact Us

Contact Form Home
*Required Fields

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to
answer your questions or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Skip to content