Golden, CO, Child Custody Lawyer
Get the help you need!
Child Custody in Golden, CO
We can begin by negotiating with the other parent to create a custody agreement. In addition, we will be ready to escalate the case to court if necessary. Contact our Golden, CO, child custody lawyer today to discuss your options. Our firm also serves the greater Denver area including Lakewood, CO.
Is Joint Custody the Right Choice?
Parents often receive joint physical and legal custody. This is best for parents who can:
- Make decisions together
- Provide supportive environments
- Communicate with each other
- Allow communication between the child and other parent at all times
Joint custody is just one of your options. Contact our Golden, CO, child custody lawyer to discuss your case. The attorney can go over joint custody and other options.
Types Of Child Custody In Colorado
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm, P.C.?
- Schedule A Consultation – Discuss your case with us during your consultation.
- Highly Reviewed and Recognized – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. has numerous five-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Martindale, Birdeye, and other review sites. In addition, Marie E. Drake has been recognized as a top attorney by Avvo and a top lawyer by the American Law Society.
- Numerous Practice Areas – Our law firm focuses on family law, divorce, child custody and child support.
- Non-adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. helps families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- A Firm That Gives Back – Our firm is committed to the community and giving back. By supporting charitable organizations, such as Living Journeys, we hope to make Golden, CO, a better place for everyone.
Modifying Child Custody
Child custody agreements are notoriously difficult to modify. Once an agreement is in place, the court tends to keep it as is unless there are special circumstances. For instance, if the other parent has been abusive or convicted of criminal activity, you might be able to modify the agreement. In addition, if one parent moves far away or is too ill to care for the child, a modification might be possible.
If you would like to modify your agreement, go over your case with a Golden, CO, child custody lawyer. Your attorney can determine if you meet the requirements to request a modification. If you do, your attorney can gather the evidence and file the paperwork.
In Colorado, if a child is born to parents who are not married, the mother is automatically granted both full legal and physical custody of the child. The father does not have any custody or visitation rights unless a court order is obtained or if the parents reach an agreement. It’s important to note that the birth of a child does not immediately establish a legal parent-child relationship in this situation.