Golden, CO, Grandparents’ Rights Lawyer
Get the help you need!
Grandparents’ Rights in Golden, CO
Grounds for Filing for Visitation
- The parents are legally divorced.
- The parents are legally separated.
- The marriage is not valid.
- The child is not living with either parent.
- The grandparent’s child, who is the legal parent, has passed away.
Contact Us Today for
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm, P.C.?
- Schedule A Consultation – Discuss your case with us during your consultation.
- Highly Reviewed and Recognized – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. has numerous five-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Martindale, Birdeye, and other review sites. In addition, Marie E. Drake has been recognized as a top attorney by Avvo and a top lawyer by the American Law Society.
- Numerous Practice Areas – Our law firm focuses on family law, divorce, child custody and child support.
- Non-adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. helps families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- A Firm That Gives Back – Our firm is committed to the community and giving back. By supporting charitable organizations, such as Living Journeys, we hope to make Golden, CO, a better place for everyone.
Child Custody And Grandparents’ Rights
In most cases, grandparents just want visitation with their grandchildren. However, in some circumstances, grandparents request custody to protect and care for the child. You can file for custody of your grandchild if he or she is no longer under the care of his or her parents. For example, if law enforcement removed your grandchild from the family home due to substance abuse issues, you can petition for custody. Then, your grandchild can avoid going into foster care.
You can also petition for custody of your grandchild if he or she has been living with you for at least six months. You must file for custody within six months of your grandchild moving out, if applicable.
Our Golden, CO, grandparents’ rights lawyer can go over your case to see if you qualify for custody. If you don’t, we can explore other options that can help you and your grandchild.
Evidence For Visitation And Custody
Terminating And Modifying Visitation Agreements
Real Clients, Real Testimonials
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to
answer your questions or to schedule an appointment if requested.