Golden, CO, Child Support Lawyer

Get the help you need!

Child Support in Golden, CO

Caring for your child is your priority, which is why child support is so important. With the right child support agreement in place, your son or daughter will receive the same level of care as during your marriage. In addition, you won’t have the stress and responsibility of supporting your child by yourself.
Child support can be quite complicated, but we are here to help. Our Golden, CO, child support lawyer can negotiate with the other party to reach an agreement that’s fair for everyone. However, if the other party won’t negotiate in good faith, we can present evidence in front of a judge. Contact us today to discuss your case.

Calculating Child Support

The court analyzes various factors when determining child support. These factors include:
  • Before-tax income of the parents
  • Child’s income and financial resources
  • Time the child spends in both homes
  • Expenses related to the child
  • Other children the parent is supporting
  • Other support, including alimony

Income Share Model For Child Support

Colorado uses the income share model when calculating child support payments. Using the model, the court considers how much money the parents would have spent on the child if they remained married. Then, it assigns a portion of that amount to each parent based on income and other factors.
Your Golden, CO, child support lawyer can help you fill out a child support worksheet to get a better idea of how much you can expect to pay or receive. Then, we can discuss special factors pertaining to your case that can affect child support. This might include your child’s current financial resources and alimony payments. After considering all the factors, we can begin negotiating for child support payments.

Contact Us Today for
Your Consultation

Call Now: (303) 261-8111
About Us Side form
*Required Fields

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Why Choose The Drake Law Firm, P.C.?

  • Schedule A Consultation – Discuss your case with us during your consultation.
  • Highly Reviewed and Recognized – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. has numerous five-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Martindale, Birdeye, and other review sites. In addition, Marie E. Drake has been recognized as a top attorney by Avvo and a top lawyer by the American Law Society.
  • Numerous Practice Areas – Our law firm focuses on family law, divorce, child custody and child support.
  • Non-adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. helps families  solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
  • A Firm That Gives Back – Our firm is committed to the community and giving back. By supporting charitable organizations, such as Living Journeys, we hope to make Golden, CO, a better place for everyone.

How Long Do Child Support Orders Last?

Parents typically have to pay child support until the child turns 19. If your child has yet to graduate from high school by the age of 19, support payments can continue until the age of 21 or until the child graduates.

You can also include provisions in your child support agreement to ensure payments for specific things past the age of 19. For instance, you can include support payment for college or health insurance until a certain age. Contact a Golden, CO, child support lawyer to discuss the various provisions you can include in the agreement. We can also help you negotiate with the other party to put these provisions in place.

Enforcing Payments

Colorado’s Child Support Services can take action if a parent refuses to pay child support. The organization can suspend the parent’s driver’s license, intercept taxes, garnish wages, place liens on bank accounts, and more. If you need help seeking an enforcement action, contact a Golden, CO, child support lawyer. Our firm can assist you so you can get the funds you need to raise your child. Failure to pay is serious, and we will treat it as such. We will work tirelessly to help you recover past-due child support.

Modifying Child Support Agreements

Either parent can request a modification under certain circumstances. If you are the paying parent, you can petition to modify the agreement due to job loss or a substantial reduction in earnings. In addition, you can modify the agreement if the child now has more overnights at your house or you have a terminal illness. If you are the non-paying parent, you can ask for a modification if your child’s needs have changed, leading to an increase in costs.

Real Clients, Real Testimonials

Contact Us

Contact Form Home
*Required Fields

We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to
answer your questions or to schedule an appointment if requested.

Skip to content