Golden, CO, Child Support Lawyer
Get the help you need!
Child Support in Golden, CO
Calculating Child Support
- Before-tax income of the parents
- Child’s income and financial resources
- Time the child spends in both homes
- Expenses related to the child
- Other children the parent is supporting
- Other support, including alimony
Income Share Model For Child Support
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm, P.c.?
- Schedule A Consultation – Discuss your case with us during your consultation.
- Highly Reviewed and Recognized – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. has numerous five-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Martindale, Birdeye, and other review sites. In addition, Marie E. Drake has been recognized as a top attorney by Avvo and a top lawyer by the American Law Society.
- Numerous Practice Areas – Our law firm focuses on family law, divorce, child custody and child support.
- Non-adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. helps families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- A Firm That Gives Back – Our firm is committed to the community and giving back. By supporting charitable organizations, such as Living Journeys, we hope to make Golden, CO, a better place for everyone.
How Long Do Child Support Orders Last?
Parents typically have to pay child support until the child turns 19. If your child has yet to graduate from high school by the age of 19, support payments can continue until the age of 21 or until the child graduates.
You can also include provisions in your child support agreement to ensure payments for specific things past the age of 19. For instance, you can include support payment for college or health insurance until a certain age. Contact a Golden, CO, child support lawyer to discuss the various provisions you can include in the agreement. We can also help you negotiate with the other party to put these provisions in place.