Golden, CO, Divorce Attorney
The Drake Law Firm, P.C. is experienced in negotiating and litigating divorce cases.
Divorce in Golden, CO
What Matters Are Settled During Divorce Cases?
- Division of property
- Allocation of debts
- Child custody
- Child support
- Enforcing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Spousal support
Obtaining A Divorce In Golden, CO
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm, P.c.?
- Schedule A Consultation – Discuss your case with us during your consultation.
- Highly Reviewed and Recognized – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. has numerous five-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Martindale, Birdeye, and other review sites. In addition, Marie E. Drake has been recognized as a top attorney by Avvo and a top lawyer by the American Law Society.
- Numerous Practice Areas – Our law firm focuses on family law, divorce, child custody and child support.
- Non-adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. helps families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- A Firm That Gives Back – Our firm is committed to the community and giving back. By supporting charitable organizations, such as Living Journeys, we hope to make Golden, CO, a better place for everyone.
If you don’t work out a property division agreement beforehand, a judge will divide the property for you. As an equitable division state, the court has a great deal of discretion in these matters. It does not have to divide the property equally. Instead, the court decides what is fair.
The court will consider numerous factors when dividing property, including the spouses’ contributions in the marriage, gifts acquired, loss and gains to separate property, and the financial circumstances of both parties. It will also review prenuptial or postnuptial agreements. While the court has discretion, your Golden, CO, divorce lawyer can also present evidence to support your rights to assets.