Jefferson County Spousal Support Lawyer
Going Through a Divorce and Have Questions about Maintenance or Spousal Support and Looking for a Golden Area Spousal Support Attorney That Covers All the Bases, Does Not Complicate Cases for Extra Billing, Really Cares and Keeps Focused on the Best Interests of You & Your Family?
Alimony and Spousal Support in Golden
You were prepared for the emotional impact of your divorce, but the financial impact might have taken you by surprise. You’ve become accustomed to a certain standard of living while married, and now, you’re having a hard time making ends meet. Fortunately, you can file a petition for alimony or request a modification for spousal maintenance.
Spousal support was created to help men and women who didn’t work outside of the home during the marriage or who make significantly less money than their former partners. Numerous factors go into the size of the support payment, including the length of the marriage and the income disparity. Contact our Golden alimony and spousal support lawyers to find out if you’re eligible. We can also calculate the amount of money that the other party owes you in spousal support.
Types of Alimony in Colorado
- Temporary maintenance
- Rehabilitative maintenance
- Reimbursement maintenance
- Permanent maintenance
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A consultation
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Superb rating by respected legal website Avvo, Top Lawyer Rating by the American Law Society, and highly rated on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
- Non-Adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – We help families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- Proven Track Record of Success at Trial – While often the goal is to avoid trial, when we take a case into court, we are proud of our high success rate even when the odds are stacked against us.
- Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where our firm’s experience and depth of knowledge come into play. No matter how difficult your case may seem, we fight for you and pursue your best results with tenacity.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. You can count on us to give you the honest (sometimes hard) truth about what to expect on the road ahead so that you can be prepared in every way possible.
- Because Your Family and Happiness Are at Stake – The smoother and fairer this process goes, the better the post-divorce interactions tend to be. This is better for everyone involved.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through, and we care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – We know transparency is important to you. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
Aspects of Maintenance We Assist You With
- If you are currently going through a divorce, your Golden alimony and spousal support lawyer can help you get temporary support. These payments can continue through the divorce. When the divorce is finalized, you can transition to another alimony type. Often, the transition is made to rehabilitative support payments. If you receive rehabilitative support, you’ll continue to get payments until you become financially independent. Thus, once you get a stable job, the payments will end.
- Reimbursement support is also an option. The judge might grant this if you paid for professional certificates or education expenses. This alimony allows the other party to pay you back and will end once you’re paid in full.
- Finally, there is permanent alimony. As the name suggests, this goes on forever. However, it’s only granted in exceptional circumstances. For instance, if you have a chronic illness or disability, you might qualify for permanent support.
- Consult with a Golden alimony and spousal support lawyer if you want to modify the agreement. The attorney can review your case to see if you’re eligible for a modification. If you are, your attorney can file the necessary paperwork.
Calculating Spousal Support In Colorado
Your Golden alimony and spousal support lawyer can negotiate maintenance payments for you or represent you in court. If the case goes to court, the judge will consider various factors to determine your eligibility and the amount of the support order. First, you must have been married for a minimum of three years unless you meet specific requirements.
Then, the judge will consider the income of both parties, including the potential income. Other factors include employability, property distribution, child support payments, and lifestyle during the marriage. In addition, both parties’ age and health factor into the decision. Finally, the judge will determine if one spouse should provide support so the other could get an education and work.