Boulder County Divorce Lawyer
Thinking About, or Ready to File for Divorce and Looking for a Boulder Area Divorce Law Firm That Covers All the Bases, Does Not Complicate Cases for Extra Billing, Really Cares and Keeps Focused on the Best Interests of You & Your Family?
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Superb rating by respected legal website Avvo, Top Lawyer Rating by the American Law Society, and highly rated on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
- Non-Adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – We help families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- Proven Track Record of Success at Trial – While often the goal is to avoid trial, when we take a case into court, we are proud of our high success rate even when the odds are stacked against us.
- Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where our firm’s experience and depth of knowledge come into play. No matter how difficult your case may seem, we fight for you and pursue your best results with tenacity.
- Straight Shooters – You’ve made an important decision in your life. We respect you for that. You can count on us to give you the honest (sometimes hard) truth about what to expect on the road ahead, so that you can be prepared in every way possible.
- Because Your Family and Happiness Are at Stake – The smoother and fairer this process goes, the better the post-divorce interactions tend to be. This is better for the children (when applicable), you, and your ex-spouse.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through and we care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – We know transparency is important to you. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A consultation
Aspects of Divorce & Family Law We Assist You With
- Contested and uncontested divorce, including mediation
- High-net-worth divorces
- Child visitation / custody – Establishing or modifying
- Parents’ and grandparents’ rights
- Child support – Modifications, deviations, and enforcement
- Paternity – Establishing, defending and vacating paternity determinations
- Equitable distributions – Coordinating or litigating equitable distributions of close corporations, retirement savings and investments, and real estate
- Legal separation and property settlement agreements
- Prenuptial (premarital) agreements
- Domestic partnership agreements
- Qualified domestic relations orders
- And other family law matters
Common-Law Marriage in Golden, CO
Requirements for Common Law Marriage in Colorado
Common-law marriage has been legal in Colorado since 1877, and the requirements are fundamental. Your relationship is recognized as a common-law marriage in Colorado base on a number of factors, including but no limited to:
- Open a joint back account
- Use the term “spouse” or “wife” or “husband” in public
- Wear wedding rings
- Use the same last name
- Share the expenses and household duties
- File Joint Tax Returns
- Put the other person in the relationship on your health insurance
- Consent to the marriage
- Tell friends and family you are married
- Are 18 years or older, or have received consent if 16 or 17 years of age
- Are unmarried