Jefferson County Child Custody Lawyer
Have Questions about Child Custody and Looking for a Golden Area Child Custody Law Firm That Covers All the Bases, Does Not Complicate Cases with Extra Billing, Really Cares and Keeps Focused on the Best Interests of You & Your Child?
Aspects of Child Custody We Will Assist You With
- Child custody is the most important component of a divorce. It’s also the most contested, with both parents fighting for their rights to be with and make decisions for the child. Our child custody lawyers understand both the emotional and legal elements of these cases. We can help you navigate the various obstacles and reach an outcome that is best for your child.
- We can begin by negotiating with the other parent to create a custody agreement. In addition, we will be ready to escalate the case to court if necessary. Contact The Drake Law Firm today to discuss your options.
- If you would like to modify your agreement, go over your case with a child custody lawyer. Your attorney can determine if you meet the requirements to request a modification. If you do, your attorney can gather the evidence and file the paperwork.
If you think the other parent is unfit, speak to your Golden, CO child custody lawyer. Your child’s safety and well-being are at risk, so you need to move forward and take action quickly
Child Custody / Visitation
- Get it when you didn’t originally
Alimony and other post-divorce judgments like child support and custody parenting plans can be modified; however, they must meet specific criteria. Contact us to explore your options and see how we can help you. Remember, this is something that while you may even agree with your ex-spouse, to make it legally binding, we need to submit the proper paperwork to the court and get it approved.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A consultation
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Superb rating by respected legal website Avvo, Top Lawyer Rating by the American Law Society, and highly rated on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
- Non-Adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – We help families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- Proven Track Record of Success at Trial – While often the goal is to avoid trial, when we take a case into court, we are proud of our high success rate even when the odds are stacked against us.
- Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where our firm’s experience and depth of knowledge come into play. No matter how difficult your case may seem, we fight for you and pursue your best results with tenacity.
- Straight Shooters – Child custody is the most critical component of a divorce. It’s also the most contested, with both parents fighting for their rights to be with and make decisions for the child. You can count on us to give you the honest (sometimes hard) truth about what to expect on the road ahead so that you can be prepared in every way possible.
- Because Your Family and Happiness Are at Stake – The smoother and fairer this process goes, the better the post-court interactions tend to be. This is better for the children and you.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We have a personal connection to divorce and family law matters. We know what you’ve been through, and we care about your well-being. You are more than just a legal matter.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – We know transparency is important to you. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
Client Reviews– The Drake Law Firm
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
Fathers’ Rights in Golden, CO
Legally, mothers and fathers have the same rights regarding divorces, child custody, and child support. However, many men find that the law doesn’t protect them as it should. While they have the same rights on paper, they lose parenting time and sometimes get cut out of the decision-making process. Your children are important to you, and they need their father in their lives. Thus, hire a Golden, CO, fathers’ rights lawyer to ensure that your interests are represented.
Our firm has defended fathers against false claims and helped numerous men receive favorable child custody and support agreements. We believe in advocating for the child’s best interests, which means ensuring that their fathers remain in their lives. Contact us today to discuss your needs and goals moving forward.
Fathers’ Rights Issues
Our fathers’ rights lawyer in Golden, CO, represents men in various cases. Common fathers’ rights issues include:
- Fair child custody agreements
- Access to child support
- Fair child support payments
Child Custody And Fathers’ Rights
Both men and women have equal rights regarding child custody in Colorado. Often, custody can be determined without going to court. Our Golden, CO, fathers’ rights lawyer will sit down with the other side and work out an agreement. In most cases, parents agree to share both physical and legal custody since it’s often in the child’s best interests.
Unfortunately, sometimes, one parent is not fit to raise a child. If the child’s mother isn’t up to the task, we can petition the court for sole custody. Then, you will be the custodial parent and make all decisions regarding your child. This is only granted in extreme cases, so we need to gather evidence to support the claim that the parent is unfit. Consult with us if you are concerned about getting enough parenting time or worry that the other parent is unfit.
Grandparents’ Rights in Golden, CO
Most people agree that it takes a village to raise a child. Still, some parents attempt to keep their children away from their grandparents. The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren is vital to the children’s overall well-being. Thus, Colorado recognizes that grandparents have the right to see their grandchildren, even if one parent fights against it during a contentious divorce.
Our Golden, CO, grandparents’ rights lawyer can help you petition for visitation. We can also assist in filing for an allocation of parental responsibilities if your grandchild does not currently live with his or her parents.
Grounds for Filing for Visitation
Our Golden, CO, grandparents’ rights lawyer can help you petition for visitation if one or more of the following has occurred:
- The parents are legally divorced.
- The parents are legally separated.
- The marriage is not valid.
- The child is not living with either parent.
- The grandparent’s child, the legal parent, has passed away.
You can file for visitation to see your grandchildren if you meet the criteria. Our Golden, CO, grandparents’ rights lawyer can negotiate with the other side to set a visitation schedule. However, these cases sometimes must be tried in front of a judge.
The judge will evaluate the evidence to see if regular visits are in the child’s best interests. If they are, the judge can then set a visitation schedule. Because these cases are up to the judge’s discretion, it’s wise to have an attorney by your side. Your lawyer will present evidence and advocate for your rights as a grandparent.
The Drake Law Firm can answer all your post-judgment questions. Even after judges have ruled, there may be post-judgment motions. Once the case has been finalized, anything after that point is referred to as post-judgment. These are generally modifications for child custody concerns, visitation rights, spousal or child support. If you have misgivings regarding Colorado post-judgment motions, it is crucial to contact a specialized family law attorney for legal advice. After having gone through the lengthy divorce process, it can be difficult to face the need for a post-judgment attorney. We understand completely. The Drake Law Firm is available to support and protect clients long-term.