Golden Child Support Lawyer
The Drake Law Firm, P.C., negotiates and litigates child support cases for Golden residents.
Child Support in Golden
Divorce is typically an emotional process, and especially so when children are involved. With kids, you have to focus on what’s in your child’s best interest. That includes maintaining the same standard of living for your child after the dissolution of your marriage. Our Golden child support lawyer can help you advocate for your child. Often, we can create these agreements outside of the courtroom by negotiating with the other side. However, we can also present your case in front of a judge.
Contact our Golden child support lawyer today to discuss your case. We can begin by obtaining a temporary child support order if needed. Then, we can work out a permanent agreement or take the case to court.
How Is Child Support Calculated?
Our Golden child support lawyer can analyze your case to determine how much support you can expect to pay or receive. The factors considered include:
- Both parent’s gross incomes
- Income and financial resources of the child
- The custody agreement
- Child-related expenses
- Other children that aren’t included in this child support agreement
- Alimony and other financial support
How Is Child Support Calculated In Golden?
The courts use the income share model when creating child support orders. First, the judge calculates how much money each parent would have paid toward the child if the marriage continued. Then, the judge reviews the parents’ income, custody agreement, and other factors. Based on the information, the judge assigns an amount to each parent. This is the amount of money that each parent is expected to contribute to raising the child. Then, the parent with the larger contribution pays support to the other parent.
When you visit your Golden child support lawyer, you can fill out a child support worksheet. This provides a good starting point regarding how much you can expect to pay or receive. Then, we can attempt to work out an agreement with the other party or go to court if necessary.
Why Choose The Drake Law Firm, P.C.?
- Schedule A Consultation – Discuss your case with us during your consultation.
- Highly Reviewed and Recognized – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. has numerous five-star reviews on Google, Facebook, Martindale, Birdeye, and other review sites. In addition, Marie E. Drake has been recognized as a top attorney by Avvo and a top lawyer by the American Law Society.
- Numerous Practice Areas – Our law firm focuses on family law, divorce, child custody and child support.
- Non-adversarial and Aggressive Legal Strategies – The Drake Law Firm, P.C. helps families solve disputes through non-adversarial resolution strategies. However, our firm is always ready to litigate cases before a judge.
- A Firm That Gives Back – Our firm is committed to the community and giving back. By supporting charitable organizations, such as Living Journeys, we hope to make Golden, CO, a better place for everyone.
Requesting A Child Support Modification
Have your circumstances changed since your original child support order was created? If so, you might be eligible to request a modification. You can make a request to lower or increase the payments based on the situation.
If you are the payee, you can request a modification due to a substantial reduction in your earnings. This could be because of job loss, an injury, or another issue. If you are the recipient of child support, you can modify the agreement if your child-related costs have increased due to the changing needs of the child. Consult with our Golden child support lawyer if you’re interested in requesting a modification.
When Do Child Support Orders Expire?
The court normally enforces child support orders until the child is 19 years of age. However, the order might remain in place until the child turns 21 if he or she has yet to finish high school. Then, it can expire at age 21 or when your child graduates, whichever comes first. Your Golden child support lawyer can also help you add provisions that extend the length of payments for education costs, healthcare, and other needs. Consult with us today to discuss your options when creating a child support order.
Enforcing Child Support In Golden
The payee is under a legal obligation to make child support payments. If he or she fails to do so, you can report the matter to Colorado’s Child Support Services. Then, the organization can take legal action against the other party. This might include wage garnishment, seizure of taxes, and placing liens on bank accounts. If you are unsure of how to collect past-due support, contact a Golden child support lawyer.